Our Garden Design Process
The Kirman Design, garden design process, including Initial site visit, formulation of client brief, design concepts, planting ideas, materials document lighting plan, quote, project supervision, garden maintenance plan and consultation meetings.
Our garden design process
The garden design process we offer is an exciting journey from initial ideas through to the final design and build. A designed garden is unique and individual. We provide a detailed service that tailors every garden to the individual needs of our clients. This service can include the following:
- Initial site visit - Discussion about the garden and your requirements along with a site survey and analysis.
- Formulation of the Client Brief.A doc ument that acts as an ingredients list generated from the initial site visit and discussion. This is then agreed and used as a set of criteria we design from.
- Design Concepts - A set of drawings and 3D elevations exploring various layouts and styles formed from the client brief. This eventually accumulates into a final design layout. We then begin to tighten things up further with discussions into planting and materials etc.
- Planting Ideas - Design concept(s) that detail a list of plants we intend to place into the final design. This depicts information such as the overall planting style, leaf / flowering period and colour scheme along with any specimen plants, pots and containers that may go into the design.
- Materials Document - A brief document confirming the final materials, structures and finishes for the garden.
- Lighting plan - A lighting design layout for your garden with recommended positions of the lighting and styles etc. Please note installation and any associated lighting diagrams/layouts are to be undertaken by a qualified electrician.
- A quoted estimate of the works - A final estimate and contract documents setting in place the construction stage of the design and build service.
- Consultation meetings - Throughout the entire process meetings will be arranged to discuss design concepts, materials, pricing and planting styles etc.
- Specification of works - Construction drawings and specification created for the team to use during the build.
- Project supervision - This covers supervision by Kirman Design of the entire project including health and safety, time management, job evaluation meetings, variations / additions to work and snagging etc.
- Garden maintenance plan - A document that acts as a guide on how to look after the plants and materials within your newly constructed garden. This is created once the garden is complete.